Coalisland weekly round-up19th February 2012 | By: brendan64 | Comments Off on Coalisland weekly round-up
CRAIC Theatre Kiddie CRAICERS returns on Monday, February 20 at 4pm and 5.15pm for 4-7 years. Enquiries 8774 1100
Brackaville Owen Roes GFC: U6 and U8 training begins on Monday, February 20 from 6pm to 7pm at Primate Dixon School, and for U10 and U12 from 6.30pm to 7.30pm at St Joseph’s College. Newcomers and parents’ participation encouraged.
Parish consultation: A meeting will take place in the Holy Family Church on Thursday, February 23 from 8pm to 10pm. All parishioners are encouraged to come along to this very important meeting. The key points for discussion are:
- What will our parish look like in five year’s time? Consider the developments of the last ten years in regard to Mass attendance and Sacramental practice.
- Consider the declining number of priests/religious, the implications of Baptism, and the largely untapped resource of the lay faithful.
- What can you, as a baptised Christian, do to improve the situation in our parish over the next five years?
- How do you think the teaching, celebration and living out of the following of Christ can be enhanced in our parish?
- What contribution can you make to improve the sharing of the love and compassion of Christ with others, especially with those most in need?
Speech and drama classes are held on Thursdays at CRAIC Theatre. Call or text Cliodhna McAleer on 0759 650 3153 for details.
St Mary’s Community Sports Hall: Gymnastics – Mondays between 4pm and 5pm for primary school pupils, and from 5pm to 6pm for older pupils. Yoga Classes are on Tuesdays from 7.30 pm. Stewartstown Harps under age boys’ training takes place on Fridays from 6pm to 7pm for under 6 years, from 7pm to 8pm for under 8 years and between 8pm and 9pm for under 10s.
Senior scór will take place at Coalisland Parochial Centre on Sunday, February 26 at 3pm.
Niamh Louise Foundation: Free Yoga is back in the Cornmill (not in Western House) from Thursday, March 8 between 7pm and 9pm.
Parish youth group: Are you aged 14-18? Are you fed up with what’s not happening for you? Do you want to become involved in a variety of different activities? Are you interested in developing your faith and sharing it with other teens? Over the next few weeks it is hoped to establish a faith group for young people in the three parishes of Ardboe, Clonoe and Ballyclog & Donaghenry. Each parish will have its own group that will be led by young leaders. The groups will meet every two weeks within their own parish to share and develop what you believe. Periodically the three parish groups will join together to do some outdoor pursuits or other social activities. If you are interested, or know someone who might be, then contact one of the priests or Bosco McShane. Why not send an e-mail to the parish e-mail address – [email protected]
Send your events and notices to [email protected] You can also get in touch through the Facebook page or @coalislandpost on Twitter